Art is the only way to run away without leaving home. ~Twyla Tharp

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

We celebrated International Dot Day on Friday, September 14th., even though it was officially not until the next day.  I read my 6th, 7th and 8th graders The Dot and I have to tell you, I was a little bit worried that my too cool for school middle schoolers would think that it was silly of me to read them all a 'baby' book.  I could not have been any more wrong.  My oh-so-grown-up 11 through 14 year olds (give or take) sat and listened as I read the book.  They said "Hey!" if they didn't get to see the pictures and some even clapped when I was done reading.  When I finished reading, the kids designed dots that I put on a 'tree' located in the hallway.  They have enjoyed looking at the dots that everyone has made and pointing out their own dots to their friends.  Some of my sweet 8th grade girls showed up to class today with Dot stickers on their faces and hands.  I guess we are all ready to "Make our Mark!"
This is only about half of the dots.  I still have a lot of 'leafing' to do.

For more information about International Dot Day, please visit the official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment