Art is the only way to run away without leaving home. ~Twyla Tharp

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Day 13


Today's challenge is to learn a little bit about one of my favorite contemporary artists, Melissa McCracken.  I know that most of us enjoy listening to music in the AMS art studio when we are working and that it can change the mood in the classroom.  I so miss listening to you sing while we are creating and I even miss our occasional dance parties.  Read a little bit about Melissa McCracken, look at her work and let me know what you think over on Google Classrooms. I think she is amazing and I'd love to have one of her pieces hanging on the walls of MizzSmiff's house.  I'm saving my pennies, and in the meantime, I would love for you all to put on your favorite tunes today, break out whatever art supplies you have and just listen to what the music tells you to do.  Do you have synesthesia?  Probably not, it's pretty rare, with only about 4% of the population being aware of the condition.  But, research does say that it can occur with prolonged sensory deprivation, perceptual isolation and removal of stimuli and goodness knows, over the last few weeks, I would say that we've checked all of those boxes.  Let's make today a musically creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment